Friday, April 1, 2011

Five Question Friday

 
Mama M you have some fun questions; so I couldn't help but participate! :)
 
1. Have you ever had surgery?
 
Yes.
I did an egg donation when I was 21. Elective surgery. Non invasive.
 
 I hemorrhaged when I had my daughter Acilia. I lost so much blood that I was pretty close to having to have a hysterectomy. My doc saved my uterus though and just went in and cleaned me out. I will say (TMI!) that it was nice postpartum not to have to bleed so much! Emergency surgery. Non invasive.
 
Second surgery was planned. It was when I gave my husband a kidney. Elective surgery. Laporascopic and minimally invasive.
 

 
2. Ever ride in an ambulance?
Yes. My brother was in high school football. He wasn't the one injured though :) It was my mom. She chipped her ankle bone when she stumbled on a step. I got to ride up front with the cutie EMT's! And I remember they let me "announce" our arrival at the hospital over the radio!

 
3. How are you in a medical emergency? Panicked? Calm?
Calm; calm; calm. I am always the one calming others too. :) All those years of panic attacks, I've learned how to keep my cool :)

 
4. Do you have a garden? Flowers or veggies?
Yes. We have strawberries and flowers. When we moved in, I wasn't fond of the landscaping, so I took it upon myself to yank all the mature bushes (picture me standing on the end of the shovel to break some of the firm roots! Ha!) and dug up and planted flowers and bushes of my choice. It looked GREAT when I first did it. Now the reality of keeping it looking nice has proven to be a challenge! This year I am excited to get back out there, since Miles is 3 now I think I can get some more work done without worrying about him running out of the back yard! :)

 
5. When did you move out of your parents house?
A few days before my 19th birthday. I was so eager to get out on my own and decorate a place of my own. The novelty wore off and I was lonely.  After about 9 months I called it a "been there; done that" and moved back home. When I was 21 I got pregnant; Al moved in when I was 8 months along. We bought our home when Acilia was 4 months old, Al put his hands to work renovating the house for about 15 months.
 We moved in 6 years ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!