Monday, August 2, 2010

Zoloft and it's "post" life

I have been on Zoloft for about 6-7 years. I began taking it to tame anxiety and after all that time on it, I did a lot of soul searching and healing and finally a few months ago, I felt I was ready emotionally, spriritually and physically to wean off. Most of the side effects have subsided, the nausea, the dizzies, and the other odd things that occur when you stop taking something your body is used to.
I'm feeling depressed lately and to admit here (publicly) that I have a sneaking suspicion that it's related to weaning off Zoloft is rather disheartening. I would like to think it's just life circumstances and that it's a coincidence that this depressed feeling is a new "symptom" of my life. I guess all I can do right now is pay attention to the way I feel and assess at a later time. I have such a hard time just relaxing and not adding notions to what's going on! It's brain torture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!