Monday, August 9, 2010

My heart aches

I knew back when God was pushing us to find a new school for Acilia to attend that we should follow His wishes. I am so glad we did. Turns out St. John Wheaton; is closing the doors to grades 1-8. Acilia would have been without a school a mere two weeks before school was to start and I would have been freaking out, trying to figure out what to do next!
My heart aches for the teachers who are losing their jobs, the students that were promised a good education in a loving environment and most of all I ache for the legacy in which St. John had worked 55 years to build. I will never forget the days we spent at St. John. I adored that school. Acilia did well at that school. From the moment we stepped foot in the doors when we went to tour before Acilia began Kindergarten I felt it was a home we could get used to and a family we could love. St. John was more than "just a school" there was true support and kindness and Jesus love every where you turned. The halls were comfort, the classrooms were comfort, the teachers were comfort. It's just a shame. I am not going to question the paths God bestows upon us, He truly is the only one that knows what's in store for the future.

2 comments:

  1. Such a precious and emotional girl you are Karrie. Sometimes I wish I had just an ounce of passion for something, but for now, I will stalk your blog and live vicariously through you. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!