Saturday, June 9, 2012

Tick...tick...tick....

It's been 2.5 years since Al had his kidney transplant. 2.5 years of taking medications, 2.5 years of us being spoiled by having a life away from dialysis, 2.5 years and the man is a ticking time bomb. Every single time he is feeling under the weather, I wonder if it's his kidney going into failure. He has been getting a lot of side effects from his medications lately, I believe it's because of the new dosing since his acute failure a few months back. He feels exhausted, his appetite isn't that great, he's anxious at times, he belly never seems to be happy, he even got up in the middle of the night the other night to vomit. We called the doctor to discuss his side effects and he will be seen on Monday. My prayerful hope is that we can change the meds or maybe add a supplement that eases his discomfort. Nothing is like his dialysis days, I think he tries not to complain about how he feels because he knows he's blessed to have a working kidney, but in the meantime, I stress over how he's feeling and why he's feeling the way he does. I worry that his kidney isn't going to last much longer and we just aren't ready to give up the freedom of normalcy in our lives. I pray all the time that his kidney will just last and last and last, but the truth is, we don't know when it will expire. I am praying for good insight on Monday when we see the doctor for a check up and we also have an appointment with a natural doctor the following week. That doctor requested that Al fill out an 11 page questionnaire, it was very thorough and I am hopeful that doctor will be able to give us some ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!