Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June

June is on it's way to a rapid close. A month of summer gone in a flash! We have settled so nicely in to summer schedule which as I've mentioned before, means having no "schedule" we are sleeping later these days, praise God! Miles actually slept in until 8 this morning! Nice difference compared to school days when he's my alarm clock at 6! I started a new class on the 11th. What a crazy experience that day was! I was under the impression that I started on the 20th. I went online on a whim at 12:50 on the 11th of June and found that I was wrong, class does NOT start on the 20th, it started on the 11th! At 1 PM! Needless to say, I dropped everything, rushed my kids to my mom's who is keeping them while I am in class, and made it to class 45 minutes late for the first day! I felt like a failure to say the least! My next goof was having Acilia's birthday party planned for the 13th, which happened to be my second day of class! Yup! You guess it, was late to that class too, since her party was scheduled to end when the class starts!! I did mention it to the instructor, even though it was completely out of my control! Again, failure of a student! Thankfully she was very understanding, even called me "cute" for being so concerned with my time in class :) Off to a rocky start, but I am glad to report it's all behind me now and I am enjoying the class tremendously! It's Basic Nutrition for healthcare and the instructor is a dietitian. Not a rigid dietitian, though I think I would be a little fearful of her if I was her patient, she has such a great perspective and is quite funny when she shares some of the things she tells her patients! We have midterm coming up in about a week or two and it feels like we just started! I love 8 week classes!!

As for other summer related activities, I am enjoying the open schedule. We get out each day, but don't have big things planned. Just keeping it simple. We are spending a lot of time at my moms because she watches my brother's 4 kids, which are practically inseparable from my kids and vice versa. I picked up a "passport to adventure" book that has some local places in it that I would like to try visiting. Summer is well on it's way, but I still feel confident we can get some fun things in and I keep fantasizing about taking a little family road trip to Niagara Falls. I am shock that we could technically get there by car, since it's in Canada. So cool! We've never done a car ride longer than a few hours, part of me is not crazy about the idea, the other,  the more adventurous side of me says it would be fun!

The last few days (since the 21st) I've been reminiscing the Dude Ranch trip Acilia and I took last year. (June 21-28). We journaled our trip each day. It was so fun and I really hoped to make it back there this year, though that wasn't too realistic considering trips are expensive and Al isn't on board with going. Maybe we could make it back in a few years! If you missed the journal entries, you can read them here:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8


AND if you would like to see some pictures, I put those up at my photo blog when we got home :) Needless to say, it was a huge trip for Acilia and I!
Silhouette Pictures from the ranch
Sled dogs at the ranch
Our room at the ranch
The horses at the ranch
Artistic shots at the ranch
Animals at the ranch
Sports at the ranch

There you have it, a walk down memory lane! I hope I didn't overload you with links! I happen to think they are all worth reading ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!