Saturday, June 16, 2012

Summer rain


The nightfall breeze of cool summer rain
falls upon us like an inconsolable weep
the raindrops drip through my hair
the sweet earthy smell is in the air.
Raindrops of many different sizes
water the flowers it emphasizes.
I love a summer night's rain
no sun to fight
no fun to interrupted
The raindrops fall hard on the streets lit by pole lights
the glowing raindrops dance in the moonlight
puddles it makes, cars drive through
splashing the world with freshness anew.
I can't help but smile as I gaze out the window
My head rests heavily on my pillow
Lightning brightens the sky from afar
a soft thunder rumble and out peaks a star
the storm clouds have moved on
to share their presence in a new location
my flowers thank you, until we meet again.

Photo courtesy of google images

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!