Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 4 at the County Fair

Today is Sunday, the last day of the fair. Acilia and I start this day each year by getting up, getting dressed, getting some coffee and heading to the horse show! It's been our tradition for about the last 5 years. It's our girly fun and I love spending that time with her! Each year is a little different. Last year and this year, she has had a strong interest in getting to compete in the show! I would love that, but don't have any idea where to start, and since we don't own a horse, I think that will make it a bit more difficult! Nonetheless, we go to the show, enjoy watching the horses and then visit the horses in their stalls. We also meander around the fairgrounds a bit and when we are hot and tired, we make our way home. Today was no different. We pulled out the cowgirl boots and cowgirl hats and had a great day!! Once we had had enough, we headed home to relax for a few hours and then I made a quick dinner and we all headed back to the fair for the Demolition Derby! Last year was our first year going to the Demo Derby, it was so fun, we decided to do it again! Once the derby was over, we walked around a little bit, Acilia and I went to collect our exhibits and our checks (both of us made a whole $18 each!! Woo hoo! For me, it's not much, but for her, that's quite a few chores to get money like that!!) Acilia was excited about her ribbons and the check! I let her buy a little dog on a leash, it's a cute little toy, but I told her the dog already needs a bath! They sure get dirty fast when out at a fair! ICK ICK ICK!
So we are home now, another year of the fair gone in a flash! I can't believe how quickly time goes, this is the week that at the beginning of summer, it feels like ages away, then it creeps up on you and leaves before you blink! I made a comment on the way out that it feels like summer is over now! (Thankfully we have a few more weeks, but I know it will go fast too!)


Tomorrow I finish my summer class (Basic Nutrition) and the rest of the week I look to check a few more things off our summer list!!

(I think I mentioned, I will say again, I took load's of pics from the last few days at the fair, rest assured I will be uploading them soon!) Here's just a little sneak peak from my phone: this little goat was so sweet, he was whispering sweet nothings in my ear! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!