Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Craft with a purpose

I will be the first to admit, I don't "craft" for fun. That doesn't stop me from doing crafts though. I have visions of what I want in products and if I can't find it in the store, I make it work. Here's my latest project :)
I wanted some frames for Acilia's room. I had an idea in mind, couldn't find what I wanted. I visited Hobby Lobby last week and found a collage frame, it wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but I decided with some paint, it could work. It started as a dark brownish color. I picked up some blue and white paint and painted it. Took two coats to make it look "finished" then I distressed it. I haven't distressed anything, so I had a little anxiety over it. I get so bummed if something doesn't turn out the way I want, and the frame was not cheap so there was no room for error. Deep breaths, and the project was completed today! I am thrilled with how it turned out, now I just need to fill the other frames! Sigh of relief!! Project complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!