Monday, January 24, 2011

If I am sharing this recipe, it MUST be good!


I have stated before here I am not a cook or a baker, or anything of the sort. I make food to keep my kids healthy. I swear that's my only purpose! Check out the pot holder in the pic...it says "Born to shop, forced to cook" Yup! That's me!
I made this tonight for dinner, it turned out so good! (If I do say so myself!!)

So...here...you....go....

Ground beef (I bought a little over a pound)
tomato soup (1 can)
basil
romano cheese (can use parmesan, or any other cheese you love)
fresh green beans (I got a little over a pound)
mashed potatoes (use instant in a pinch, make them creamy. I won't lie, the meal tastes WAY better with homemade mashed; but sometimes you just want dinner to be quick!)


Preheat the oven (350)
Wash and "de end" the green beans. Steam them till cooked
Brown the meat, I used basil and grated romano cheese and some sea salt to flavor it while it cooked.
When the meat is brown, add the tomato soup and simmer
Once all of the ingredients are prepared, layer them in an oven safe casserole dish.
Meat, green beans and then mashed potatoes spread over the top.
Sprinkle some more romano on the top and put in the oven
Bake about 35 minutes. Then broil for another 5-7 minutes.
If you make it, be sure to let me know how you like it!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for all of your sweet comments yesterday, they did not go unoticed...look forward to hearing from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, these do sound good! Thanks for sharing lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum...I love trying new recipes. Great idea. By the way...I left you a silly award on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!