Thursday, January 27, 2011

Alluring Abodes First Edition

Alluring: "To attract by something flattering or desirable"
Abode: "residence, dwelling, habitation, home"


Hello and welcome to my new excursion!
I am so excited to announce that I will be a hosting a "link up party" here every Friday!

The theme is "Homes" (Alluring Abodes to be exact!)
I have a fond appreciation for abodes and I have seen so many cool places that I want to photograph. Thus, this little challenge was born!

A few rules:
1.)PLEASE participate, it will be so much more fun; if you too take pictures of homes you find intriguing
2.)Please respect the privacy of the owners of the abode. If you do not personally know the person or have permission, please ensure all "clues" to the location of the abode (i.e. address, street names) are kept under wraps.
3.) If you DO have permission, please feel free to take pictures of rooms inside, as well as the exterior, be as creative as you can!!
4.) You do NOT have to be the person to take pictures, you are welcome to search homes online that strike your fancy and post the pics, just give credit where it's due!5.)Have FUN!



& MOST Important

6.)Please don't forget to pass the link on!! The more the merrier!
      > Just post your links in the comments section, until I get more "official" :) :) :)



So, let's get this party started!
I will openly admit, I photographed not one, but THREE abodes today. Yup...overzealous at it's finest!
I will not be posting three homes however, I have a personal rule that I would like to dedicate each week to ONE home that I find intriguing. Which home to choose? Which home to choose?
Ah, yes, the home I grew up in! This is my childhood home. I moved here when I was 4 years old and lived there until 6 years ago when we moved to our current home. This home is special to me because my father was in construction and he built the home from the basement up! I fondly remember going to check the progress of the home, I can still picture the guys lifting the front wall up on the count of "three" and that we had a ladder placed at my bedroom doorway before there was a hallway or staircase.

I spent countless hours designing floor plans when I was a child and I distinctly remember drawing a plan for the "same home; only better" I added more stairs to the sunken family room and half walls where there was open space. Funfun!

Ok, so here it is, my previous "abode"





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!