Thursday, January 10, 2013

A coincidence that's not a coincidence

I opened a new checking account. I was online last night ordering checks and where it says "message" I always feel compelled to put a Bible verse or something inspiring in that space on the check.

I looked for an "inspiring" Bible verse and came across Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

So, that's the verse I went with. Inspiring and hopeful, just my style.

Fast forward to this morning, I was listening to the radio and they were talking about giving people hope for various reasons. I kid you not, Jeremiah 29 was referenced. I am not a Bible scholar, however, there are certain parts of the Bible that I feel more familiar with, Jeremiah is not one of them. So, clearly I am getting a message that I need to pay close attention to Jeremiah and see what I can take from it to share with others :)

Fun fun!

1 comment:

  1. This verse was my life verse in November 2006 thru December 2007. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!