Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010













The day of Easter was fabulous! We were blessed with beautiful weather, picture wearing winter coats with Easter "sun dresses" and you may be able to envision years past! This year, we prepared by purchasing a sweater for over the dress, didn't need it halfway through the day! What a treat!!
So we awoke, the kids hunted for eggs, we attended church, went to my parent's house for a tasty dinner with my grandma. It was her first year without grandpa. Sadly I remember them being together at last year's Easter like it was yesterday. I believe that was the last holiday we were able to celebrate with him. We are left only with our memories of him and what an amazing man he was. Grandma seemed to enjoy her time with us. Glad we could bring her some good food and good company. Many credits to my mom for a great meal and for hosting us!!
After dinner, we were off to my aunt and uncle's house. They always open their doors in the most hospitable way. Great day and great night! Both kids fell asleep in the car on the way home :*)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!