Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

This mom here asked for no gifts. The gift of Mother's Day for me is to see any sort of appreciation for the work I do throughout the day, 365 days of the year. I have no time clock to punch in and out; so my days can sometimes be long and demanding. I don't want that to be confused with "ALWAYS" long and demanding...infact my job as M-O-M is rather delightful. I get to snuggle two of what I think are the cutest kids on Earth whenever I see fit; because I am their mom :) I have two children who smile when they see me; that just melts my heart. So though it can be tough sometimes, it's also amazing most of the time! The last 6 years celebrating Mother's Day have always been less than stellar. I have been offended more times than not on Mother's Day when I had to change poop diapers or explain to my husband why "even though I am not his mother; he still should celebrate that I am the mother of his children!"...this year was different. This year I felt appreciated. Hubby brought breakfast in bed. Hubby kept the kids while I went for a nice walk with my mom. Hubby took care of dinner. Hubby planted my flowers for me. Hubby gave me a nice backrub. Oh! And hubby unloaded the dishwasher!! :) Not one of those things was a "gift" that cost money, yet all of them made me feel like the most special lady in the world! :)

Yesterday was a great day for me; I hope you had great things happen for you too!







1 comment:

  1. I am with you. I much rather have the actions than the gifts. I'm glad you had such a special day.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!