Sunday, May 22, 2011

In which I try to explain.

Something profound happened today. I love moments when I feel God so close!

2 years ago my grandpa passed away. To commemorate my family joined my grandma at her church for a service. The church isn't large but there are quite easily atleast 50 Bibles scattered in the pews. We sat about halfway back on the left side. Not sure if you often pick up the Bible to read along when the sermon comes, but I am not 100% in the practice of doing so. Something told me to pick it up and read along...so I did. I opened the Bible and was struck by the label inside.


Verna and Oscar are my grandparents. The Bible I was holding my hands was the very Bible my grandparents donated to the church in honor of their 50th wedding anniversary. I held that Bible the rest of the service. I couldn't let it go. It felt as though my grandpa was there sitting with us. Enjoying a beautiful service!

5 comments:

  1. I love those God moments. That brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. goose bumps!!!! Love God stuff, and the fact that you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing. I totally just got chills reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...that is so sweet and touching. I got chills reading that. I'd say your Grandpa was definitely sending you a little "hello"

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!