Monday, March 4, 2013

The Rancic's


I open by saying I give Guiliana and Bill Rancic my utmost respect for a couple I've never met. I don't put too much faith into "Reality TV Couples" I learned my lesson with "Nick and Jessica", however, the Rancic's have been through a LOT and they have come through it seemingly stronger than ever.
Recently they've found themselves in hot water over the belief that a spouse comes before a child in the "hierarchy" of love. I don't quite understand why this is causing controversy? Perhaps I don't "get" it, but I do believe she is right on for making her husband first priority. There is no question they love that little cutie pie that they went through hell and high water to bring into this world, so why the uproar about putting her husband first? The divorce rates in this country are nothing to laugh at, perhaps our society should consider couples that are strong and learn something from them! There is a fool proof belief that if a spouse feels loved and a priority, the mutual respect and concern for one another goes a long way. I've been married 8 years and I am ashamed to admit it took about 6 of those years to come to the same conclusion! Not to mention, I am still struggling to really act on it! I will admit it's easier to love my kids (and my pets!!), but I *know* in my heart that I must put my husband and my marriage first and foremost. In doing that, we are working towards a strong family unit that I belief simply can not happen any other way.

I applaud Guiliana and Bill, I relate to their perspective and I find nothing wrong with her belief. That's just my opinion though! :) I've learned a lot, and I have a lot of learning left to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!