Monday, March 15, 2010

Followed God's will....

Months ago, I anticipated a much different outcome to my life. I sat back and listened to the messages God was sending me, and once again, He was right. When is God ever not right? Safe hands will guide me and safe hands will hold me.

Sitting in church a few months back, I was slapped in the face with what committing adultery means. I was of the mindset that if I didn't ever cheat on my spouse, I was free from that commandment causing sin in my life. Well, it's not that simple. I am learning most all commandments directly relate to human desires and they are much harder to keep right in your life. I was actually mad when I read the verse that I posted below, because, it was speaking directly to me, and I took it as brutally honest advice.

Matthew 5:31"It has been said, 'Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.'[f] 32But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.

I stewed over it, I was peeved, I was insulted, I was wishing I had never gotten myself into this marriage. I have seen the light, that God has so graciously shown to me, it was a slow process, but he never faulted in making me feel that I was on the right path, and to just keep following his messages to me. Tonight marks the final night of our 8 weeks in a Marriage Matters class and boy it's been a smooth yet life changing 8 weeks. I sit back and think how amazing it is how far we've come in such a short time, and how it's been such a subtle changing; almost unnoticeable change, until of course you look back to how we were right before the class started. This class was a true blessing to us. Al and I have a long way to go, but I can confidently sit here and say I am not one foot out the door anymore, and that feels quite a bit more stable than a few months ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!