Saturday, February 13, 2010

Boy do I have a long way to go....

Well, I can grow and grow and grow spiritually. I have felt it within me, loving all the improvements. There is one thing that is still quite in need of fixing. Material wants. Boy oh boy do I have a long way to go!
We sold my car yesterday. We have been on a hunt to find a new (used, but new for me) car and we have been having a heckofa time finding something! I feel like I am being reasonable with what I *think* are good things to have....SUV, 3rd row seating, leather seats and *Acilia* would LOVE a DVD system. Certainly not mandatory! We went to Carmax yesterday to see a Nissan Pathfinder, had all we were looking for, I was pretty excited to go in and see it in person! Looked really nice in pictures! Well...we get there, and I could tell right away I wasn't going to like it! (BUMMER!) Al and I walked around the lot, and I spotted the best, dream car ever! My heart even jumped a little bit and I got a bit of "giddy" in my step as I walked over to check it out. I had gone with an open mind to see the Pathfinder and I find myself tripping over my feet to get over to a LEXUS as quickly as I could. We drove it, it was a true dream. The mirrors moved when you turned the key, the steering wheel too! All is customizable to the driver. There is a reason why Lexus trucks are so coveted, they are an "everything is thought of sort of car"!! I left it on the lot and have spent the last 24 hours trying to find one just like it for a cheaper price, clearly that Lexus was out of our price range! When you see something like that, and you walk away, how do you possibly get your standards back down to where they need to be (read: affordable!) I am incredibly dissapointed in myself! I have had people recommending great cars, but at the end of the day they just aren't "me" and it bums me out that "me" happens to be a "higher price tag". I pray that God works inside of my heart; but for now, I have hubby out shopping, he's out to find a car I will love at a price we can afford!
And just for dreaming purposes, here's a picture of the beauty I drove yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!