Monday, June 29, 2009

The Love Dare

I write this post fully admitting the fact that I am grasping at straws. I will further be honest and admit that I am working at this alone. Or so it feels. Tomorrow marks the beginning of a 40 day journey. "The Love Dare" journey. If you have seen Fireproof, you know what I am talking about, if you have not, I urge you to do a little bit of research and self examination. In the meantime, I am taking that plunge and doing "the dare" and as divine intervention would have it, our sermon at church yesterday actually was all about dares. The dare of leaping in faith. Take the leap? I have had my eyes opened to what needs to be done. This is my chance to make my decision. 40 days feels like a long time, but in making a decision as to whether to stick with my marriage or walk away, it feels like it's the blink of an eye type of 40 days. I truly don't know what the outcome will be, but as "He guides me" I am sure to know my choice will be clear when it's all said and done.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you for honoring your commitment. I loved that movie and also started The Love Dare. As in the movie, I found it difficult to press on about halfway through the book. It wasn't really because I was having a hard time doing the dares but more than I'm bad about finishing everything! I start all kinds of things that I never finish. But even if you just do the first couple of dares every day for the rest of your life, your marriage will be changed. I think day 1 is don't say anything negative. Wow, is that a challenge!!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you take on this challenge...not alone, but with the Lord. If nothing else, you will grow closer to Him.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!