Monday, December 31, 2012

It's here!

This is the typical time of year to reflect and to feel hope for the new year. Looking back two years, I was sitting on New Year's Eve wondering if my marriage was going to make it. 2011 was about deciding the fate of my marriage. Ironically, my word for 2011 was commit. It is clear (in hindsight) that God had a plan for my marriage that year, and it was up to me to figure it out. I committed to many things that year, most important of all, I committed to my marriage. In my heart and soul, I took that foot that was "out the door" and brought it back in to be fully engaged in staying in my marriage and not so lightly throwing around the word "divorce". Infact, I believe I have not used that word outloud to describe my marriage in two years. My husband and I have been through many years of rough times. Some days are still less hopeful than other days, but I can't get over how God keeps reminding me to stay and to continue to try to work at what we have built. So that's what I do. I commit to the man I said my vows to and I take it one day at a time. Sometimes, minute by minute, because that's how we roll!

I talked about my word for this last year, and that directly pertained to grasping at straws to keep myself in line while waiting to put our house up for sale. Patience paid off, I made it through the year, and here we are! A few short months away from putting our house on the market. I am incredibly excited, I am also incredibly overwhelmed! I've been yearning for this for atleast 5 years and now that it's here, it feels like the pressure is on! I am so thankful that I have taken the past few years to start staging my home, though there are definitely still things on the "to do" list, I feel like we are in really good shape for showing this place off to potential buyers!

This year, 2013, is the year. I've put my faith into this year, and I have asked hubby to do the same and we are rolling with it. We have big changes forthcoming and I keep praying and praying and praying that we are on the path that God sees for us. It feels right deep down in my heart, which is why I feel like we are on the right track.

I'm not quite ready to reveal my word for 2013. Though I am excited to share, because it's a good one and I feel it's going to be life changing for me, I am also still testing my patience for 2012, and not sharing 2013's word until it is indeed 2013. :)

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear your 2013 word. Congrats on sticking through the tough times!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!