Friday, December 3, 2010

December 3rd

Al and I celebrate an anniversary today. One we call "Kidney-versary". One year ago today, I gave my kidney to him. ONE YEAR! It feels like just yesterday, but also feels like it was so long ago. We decided to celebrate the day. Kept Acilia home from school, Al took off work and we packed up and headed into the city. First we took the kids to Northwestern Hospital where surgery took place. Then we went for a carriage ride, then it was to the Hershey's store for some hot cocoa. We came home with pizza in tow and I was gifted a generous gift card to my favorite store! I don't expect every "kidney"versary to be this way, but it felt so nice to commemorate such a wonderful part of our lives. I would do it again in a second and I am still so honored that I got the chance to do this! It was a once in a lifetime experience and I am blown away that I was chosen by God to be this person for Al. :)

This is my "Be a Donor" tattoo meant to make inspiration from my scars.

3 comments:

  1. Omigosh! I'm sobbing. I didn't expect to wake up to this, but I'm sure glad I did. That is the most precious, most amazing love story I have ever heard. I'm going to think about this throughout the day, and throughout this Christmas Season. What a gift. What a story. God is going to bless you a million times over.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh friend..I am catching up on your past few posts and what amazing news!!! How wonderful...the confirmation pic?? WOW!!!! tears. I'm soo amazed at God and how He can change hearts. What a blessing you have for this season. Hope you have a great Christmas!!! ALL of you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!