Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The time has come for his wings to fly....

My grandpa passed away this morning. 7:40 am.

Life begins with a date and a time. Life ends with a date and a time. The dates and times in between are points in your life where you imprint memories and happiness on your loved ones hearts.

Oscar Thon~ 1/10/1919- 5/20/2009

I have found peace in all of this, through "coincidences" which I am sure are not coincidences but comfort from God himself.

Acilia brought home a caterpillar 2 weeks ago. It was growing and growing and growing and finally on May 10th, it formed it's chrysalis. The paperwork says a butterfly would emerge in 7-10 days. How perfect that today, is day 10 and I came down to find the butterfly had emerged. It was comforting to know, that the butterfly broke free, at the same time that Grandpa broke free from cancer. If my butterfly is ready to released, I hope to release it near grandpa's grave the day he is buried. They can "fly" together.

I had a comforting dream the other night.
In my dream, Grandpa was sitting in his chair. He was in the same physical state, however he had his strength of voice back. Grandma said she was going to be so lonely without him. He was comforting her, and then reached under his chair to pull out a big box. In it, was a huge comfy blanket. He wrapped it around her. To me it symbolizes how he will wrap his arms around her even if he's not here to do it physically.

I have been listening to KLOVE daily. There is a song that is awesome, and especially awesome for what we have been going through.
The lyrics are as follows:
Chris Tomlin - I Will Rise
From the album Hello Love

There's a peace I've come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say, "it is well"

Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

Chorus:
I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God, fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise

There's a day that's drawing near
When this darkness breaks to light
And the shadows disappear
And my faith shall be my eyes

And I hear the voice of many angels sing, "worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the cry of every longing heart, "worthy is the Lamb"


I am not kidding when I tell you this song has had impeccable timing the last few days!
My alarm is set to turn on the radio and yesterday, wouldn't you know that was the first song I heard? And, wouldn't you further know that after I left grandma and grandpa's house yesterday, yup! First song I heard when I got in the car. That may be coincidence, however, is it also coincidental that it came on the radio right after I found out that grandpa had passed away? Yeah....I didn't think it was a coincidence. I am learning that coincidence doesn't exist!



Thon, Oscar W.
Oscar W. "Tony" Thon, 90 of Bartlett, formerly of Addison. Beloved husband of Verna nee Moeller; loving father of Beverly (Thomas) Novak, Robert (Mary) Thon, Cynthia (David) Russell and Shelby (Joe)Latoria; dearest grandfather of Tim, Laura, Shawn, Anne, Joe, Stephanie, Amy and Karrie; loving great grandfather of Joey, Alison, Acilia, Samuel, Kate, Benjamin, Kristin, Jack and Miles. Visitation Friday, 3 to 9 p.m. at Humes Funeral Home, 320 W. Lake St., Addison (2 Mi W of Rt. 83, 2 mi E. of Rt.53). Lying in state Saturday, 10 a.m. Funeral 11 a.m. at St. Paul Ev. Lutheran Church, 37 Army Trail Rd., Addison. Interment St. Paul Cemetery. If desired, memorials to the church or CNS Hospice, 690 E. North Ave., Carol Stream, 60188 greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for the death of your grandpa. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. I am so glad that he was ready to go on though. My grandma passed away last summer and I'm still not completely over her death. But, it was comforting for me to know that she was ready to go on home.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!