Saturday, May 30, 2009

Let the testing begin.....

I have been drawn to try to see how far I can get in testing to be a donor for Al. It's a tough decision, not because of *me* but because I am a mom of two children, and with Al HAVING to have surgery, it should be up to me to be the one to take care of everything while he is recovering. If *I* have surgery at the same time, well, that puts things in a more complicated place. However, I have had a soft whisper in my ear, and it's gaining decibels, and that tells me that God wants me to jump in, see if I am a match (I know deep down that I am) and he will take care of the rest. So, yes Almighty Father in Heaven, I am listening. I have passed the first step (health questionnaire, basic stuff) I am moving on to step two which is a chest X-ray, EKG, and blood work. I got my paperwork today, now it's time to get scheduling! Lord be with me, I am trusting you.

1 comment:

  1. Karrie,

    I am saying prayers for God's will to be done with this. I can only imagine how hard it would be to donate when you have two small children. I would love to donate to Logan but I only have one myself. But, donating to your child is different because you have a backup to take care of your children.

    Logan gets activated on Wed-Thurs after his echo on Wed and then they need to test his fluid to be absolutely sure the infection he had a while back is completely gone. Prayers would be awesome. I still have hope in my heart for a live donor kidney as I would love to be able to save the deceased donor kidneys for adults who can't find them. But, it's all in God's hands and we will take the first good kidney that we find.

    I was telling someone in church today that waiting on a kidney is almsot like waitin for Jesus to come back. We don't know when we will get the call and we just have to be patient and ready whenever.

    Anyway, saying prayers for you all.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!