Thursday, March 12, 2009

It's official!

I have succumbed to the blogging world! I can't promise I will be a diligent writer, or even that anyone will ever read this, but after following a few other blogs and being "sucked in" to the joys of sharing my thoughts and quite possibly publishing them for all to see, I have joined the trend!! How liberating I think it will be to have my thoughts and feelings broadcast for the world (OK, who am I kidding, the world will not be reading this...but those that do) to see!

I am not sure if there is a protocol to this sort of thing, but I feel as though I shall start out by introducing myself and my family. I am Karrie, the narrator of my life. I am married to a man whom I have known for nearly 13 years, named Al(bert). We have journeyed together and done things completely backwards....friends....dating....pregnant (!!)....engaged....bought a house....renovated a house.....married....moved in to house....settled in....pregnant again (!!)....we have been left to pick up the pieces of a crazy start to life. A start that we both insisted at the time that we could handle, and have proven that by taking it one day at a time, building a home, a marriage and a family. We have two beautiful and amazing children (I know, I know, every parent thinks their child is beautiful and amazing) Our daughter Acilia is 5 years old and ALLLLLLLLL about horses. She has been loyal to horses since she was about two years old and I see a long promising future for her surrounded by the animals she truly loves! We also have a 1 year old son. Miles. NO that is not his real name, and NO mommy is not happy at all with how his name came to be...but that is not for this intro post, it deserves an entry all on it's own, maybe even two, yes...it's that deep!
Albert is a self employed electrician. He wasn't always self employed, this is a fairly new occurrence as of almost 2 years ago. The name of the company is Visco Electric and it was a long time coming. Finally the good Lord gave us what seemed like no choice but to move forward with it, and so we (he with my support) did. Visco Electric is a business that was literally built from the ground up and though business gets slow at times (what business doesn't in today's economy?) I am so incredibly proud of Al for attaining his lifetime goal by the age of 30! WTG!
As for me, I spent my childhood wishing it away. You see, I was waiting for the day that I would become an adult, married with children. I had no use for being a child and I literally counted the days until I was out of high school! I can now say, at the age of 28 years old, I have achieved the dreams I had as a child. What I didn't realize however was considering how young I am, I still have a lot of life left to live, and I was forced to do some soul searching to figure out how to spend the next phase of my life! This is the time of my life where I realized that "fate" was a household name for "God". This was the time I realized that GOD leads my life and I simply follow the path he is paving for me. It is an amazing feeling to know I am in such good hands and though I do have decisions to make along the way, the dynamic of these decisions has shifted and I am finding much more meaning to life. I am so grateful to have found these things out when I am young enough to see that my whole future is ahead of me, and my children are young enough for me to mold in a way that I can be proud of!
Well, I think I am off to a good start in the blogging world, be assured that I will return to add to my story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!