Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Weather

When I was a kid, my parents used to watch the news to catch the weather. I thought they were SO weird, I mean, why did they have to look at the TV to check the weather? I couldn't figure out why they didn't just walk outside, if it was raining, they would get wet, if it was snowing, they would want gloves, if the sun was out, bring your sunglasses, etc. etc.

Now, in my 30's, I get it. It's weather madness and I have fallen victim! Every morning, when my alarm goes off, the first thing I do is check the weather for the day. I check Weather.com regularly, I even look at and am fascinated by all of the thermometers on signs and in my car. I can't get enough!

It affects my mood too! If the sun is out, I can pretty much guarantee it's going to be a good day. My whole mood is lifted and I have a skip in my step. If it's cloudy, forget it! I feel like a slug!

Illinois is the WRONG state for me. I will tell you why, prime example: Sunday, it was a beautiful, almost record breaking day of 68 degrees. In the matter of a few short hours, we were facing rapidly dropping temps and fell into a low, bitterly cold 27 degrees. All in a matter of 24 hours. Oh, and there were said to be some snow flurries that night too. REALLY? That's just wrong. Not the 68 degrees part. I didn't mind that part at all. I am talking about the bitter cold and the temperature change.

Now, we are back to temps a bit higher than average and though the people that follow how mild temps in the midwest affect nature seem bothered by this weather, I can't say it bothers me at all! Infact, I like it. Not the part about it potentially killing our trees, but the part about how it makes me feel. Warmer than usual weather=Happier Karrie.

Courtesy of Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!