Friday, November 5, 2010

You Capture! - Serene

Photobucket

Serene

I gave this challenge some thought. I noted in my mind how serene could be found abundantly in nature. I wanted to further challenge myself though and think about what brings me true Serenity. This word means so much to me. I work to achieve serenity in my heart and in my family and in life in general. It dawned on me though, Serenity is not from anything manmade. It's a peace and understanding and a TRUST that I find only in one place. I find it in my Heavenly Father. When I unlocked that Truth; it made perfect sense to me to use the cross wall in my bedroom. That wall brings me so much peace and happniness and Serenity. Delightful coincidence: One of my crosses has the "Serenity Prayer" engraved in it. That cross was a gift from my mom. I chose to edit my picture in a way that highlights the word Serenity. Do you see it? Enjoy!

"Serenity Prayer"
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;


Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

2 comments:

  1. I love that prayer. I love this picture. Very, very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I really love this photograph. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!