Wednesday, July 15, 2009

We hope we hope we hope!

This is a note I sent out to a Facebook Group I started. Below you will find a small update and a few words pertaining to our current status with a potential kidney transplant!

Hello to all of you!
I first would like to take a minute to introduce myself to those that may not know me, I am Karrie, Al's wife. My husband has been on dialysis for 2.5 years waiting ever so patiently for a new kidney. It's been a long road, but we are hopeful that we are at a major turning point!!
I figured I would type an update.
I started seriously considering being tested to become a donor for Al. We had waited, and hoped and waited some more and nothing was happening. I knew my blood type was a match and I felt the urge to do something about it, but it takes a lot as a mom to step forward and opt to go through surgery at the same time as my husband. We have two children and my biggest concern was how the heck will that work?!?! Well, I started asking around and it turns out, it WILL work, we have our ducks in a row, the kids will be cared for, we will be recovering comfortably, and we have lot's of help being offered, IF infact we get to be graced with the sheer blessing of being a match! My testing was completed on Monday, two days ago. Medically speaking, I am ok to donate. I had blood work done on Monday it will be "mixed" with Al's to see how it reacts. If there is little reaction we are GOLDEN!! If there is a little more than "little" reaction still ok, but if there is a big reaction all will go back (yet again) to square one! Our hands are yet again folded as our patience is tested. We will find out in about a week if I have the kidney that my husband so desperately needs! It's quite the whirlwind of emotions here and I wanted to take the time to thank you for being a part of this experience with us.
I will update when we know something, but in the meantime please be in prayer that if this is what God wills for us, that it will be a smooth and comfortable process!
Thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!