Monday, July 20, 2009

A million and one excuses

I could sit here and list justified excuses as to why I haven't posted about the Love Dare that I am doing. The only reason I have that's valid though is that I haven't been doing it. I made it to day 12 and then I had a dare, that is seemingly impossible to complete. The dare was to "give in" to an area of disagreement. I still haven't completed this dare. Not for lack of trying. I have searched for disagreements within our days. To be honest things have changed a bit and we aren't disagreeing as much. (PRAISE THE LORD ON THAT ONE!!) However, there are still one or two disagreements in which I can't "give in". This is when I am thankful that we have the blessing of having a couple's counselar in our life. We are being granted the tools we need as a couple to work out our disagreements. No where in that does it mean "give in" and that's ok with me. The Love Dare is 40 days and I am comfortable at day 12 to say, this dare is not complete, however it's not going to hold me back anymore from continuing on this journey.

Day 13
Love fights fair
"If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand" Mark 3:25
TODAY'S DARE:
TALK WITH YOUR SPOUSE ABOUT ESTABLISHING HEALTHY RULES OF ENGAGEMENT. IF YOUR MATE IS NOT READY FOR THIS, THEN WRITE OUT YOUR OWN PERSONAL RULES TO "FIGHT" BY. RESOLVE TO ABIDE BY THEM WHEN THE NEXT DISAGREEMENT OCCURS.

Initial thoughts:
OOOOOOH! I like this dare!! There were a few helpful examples of things to put on "the list" and I will definitely be using them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Please feel free to post your thoughts!